Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Twinkies

Another un-eventful week in the books.  Friday night, the CFO and I went out to dinner with some friends and rented the movie “Identity Thief.”  The movie had so much potential, but moved much slower than I would have liked.  I give it an “Ehh, I’ve definitely seen worse and better movies."

Saturday was a near perfect July day, the high temp was only about 80 degrees and it was just cloudy enough where the sun light was filtered and wasn’t beating down on us. We had some discount coupons for a couple of nurseries, so we went plant shopping and picked up a couple accent plants.  We spent the afternoon outside, me working off and on in the yard (mixed in with some lounging) while the CFO read a book while sitting out on the deck.  

The new additions to the garden  
 
Sunday was a repeat of Saturday weather wise, so I slapped a paint brush in the CFO’s hand and said, “Get to work.”** We spent the afternoon staining the deck railing and we have now stained everything above the deck's support structure… Now all we have left to stain are the stair treads and then the entire underside of the deck since, unfortunately, it is visible when you stand in the back yard.  Whose idea was it to stain the deck a color instead of using a clear sealer?!?!?! (The CFO's for the record) Next time, we will take her dad’s advice and pay someone to do this work. 
For me, painting is on that list of things that you hate to do; but you eventually forget that you hate doing it; until you start to do it again a while later; which reminds you that you don’t enjoy doing it; but you’ve already started doing it so it is too late to turn back; so you suffer through completing the task; all the while telling yourself that you will never, EVER do it again; only to eventually forget that you told yourself that you would never do it again; and then, at some point down the road, the cycle repeats...  Not surprisingly, I can’t remember what else is on that list, but I’m sure there are other things…
Are you supporting the sweetest comeback ever?  I am... 

**I actually politely asked her to help, but that doesn’t make for good blog reading, does it?  

1 comment:

  1. I do not understand the I hate painting thing.......? Really? Its fun ;)

    ReplyDelete