Monday, August 2, 2010

Did someone say corn?

We went to the farmers market on Saturday in downtown Bloomington and had to try some of the local corn. What can I say, seeing all that corn while we were driving up made me hungry. This one was called "Peaches and cream" and was very tasty. There is another farmers market tuesday night in Normal, we might visit it to see what they have to offer there.


Here is a picture of the loaded moving truck, needless to say, it was packed to the roof. I wasn't too thrilled when we pulled up and saw the rusted out car next door, but all of the other cars in the parking lot are much nicer. I guess we should plan on having a winter 'beater' car too once winter rolls around. It is going to be hard to watch our cars rust away.


I dropped off a few resumes this afternoon at an engineering firm and a couple design/build companies. I'll make another round of deliveries tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need to get an old MB Wagon for your winter beater. I'll be eating chicken fingers on friday night in your honor. Let us know if you guys need anything.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Cuz! I found your post in my junk email box so I am a couple of days behind. Glad to know that you got there in one piece. Aunt Deb and I were trying to think about dropping in for a visit. Do you have room for company? What about Labor Day Saturday and Sunday? Drop us a line.
    Uncle Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your stuff all made it in one piece! I love farmers markets and fresh corn! Way to get out there and mix with the locals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Design Build? Engineering Firms? Sounds like you are tackling the job hunt well! That corn does look delish! I'm glad you both made it out safely and with all your furniture. It was very nice to see you both one last time at the GA ASLA banquet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... and yes rust will become a loosing battle in regards to cars, tools and lawn furniture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It certainly does look delicious. You'll have to try freezing some so we can try it when we come up.

    ReplyDelete