Friday, August 6, 2010

pedal time

Karen had meetings at ISU today, so I had some time to run some errands on my bike. I've been wanting to explore the Constitution Trail, a bicycle and pedestrain path that goes North/South and East/West through town. It was very nice to be able to ride from one end of town to the other without having to ride on any major roads! We can ride from the townhouse to the ISU campus without getting on any major roads... now I need to get Karen a bike!

For those of you who are curious, here is a link to a map: http://www.normal.org/Files/trailmap.pdf

I had a couple revelations:

1. This area isn't as flat as I thought, there are a lot of slight ups and downs, but still not the big hills like Athens.

2. I didn't realize how bicycle unfriendly Athens was, until now.

1 comment:

  1. The trail sounds like fun. Are there lots of places to get on and off it? Keep reminding dad how "bicycle unfriendly" Athens is.

    ReplyDelete